Frequently Asked Questions
Scheduling & Visits
What should I expect at my initial consultation?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Creek will carefully review and discuss your medical history. If you are a good candidate for our services, Dr. Creek will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments.
What's the cost for the initial consultation?
The initial consultation is $150. The follow up consultations are 100.00
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Due to the Pandemic, your initial visit at Dr. Creek Weight Loss will be be a telehealth visit using our app, Medici. All follow up visits will be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email access with our Dr. Creek Weight Loss provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone, or telemedicine visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Dr. Creek Weight Loss doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, or video/telemedicine appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $50 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
For many of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for a minor infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician.
2. We do have a 24-hour answering service but do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We can Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Dr. Creek Weight Loss which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Dr. Creek Weight Loss medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Dr. Creek Weight Loss physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Dr. Creek Weight Loss.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Dr. Creek Weight Loss doctor and may include blood, saliva , urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or you may continue to work with your Dr. Creek Weight Loss physician.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs.